Saturday, November 7, 2009

Round Two - Day Two

Breakfast: I made a fresh batch of Granola. It was pretty much the same as the recipe I posted in September, but I used dried apricots instead of peaches, and we added half a bar of dark chocolate that was lying around. The chocolate made it not so much a healthy breakfast cereal and more of a trail mix, but I enjoyed it with milk and felt a little decadent. Though the chocolate was a more subtle influence than I thought.

Lunch: I made the rice with shrimp, red and yellow cherry tomatoes and broccoli again. I tried to recreate the magic from the night before, and wasn't as successful. I think I used less oil. Anyway, it was still tasty and colorful.

Snacks: A few pieces of the Simple Wheat Bread that I made. A delicious and juicy honey crisp apple, half of a sample turkey meatloaf at Trader Joe's.



Dinner: The easiest, and possibly tastiest roast chicken I have made yet. I will post the recipe. Also, a pumpkin gratin that my friend EM made and brought over before she went out of town, so it didn't go to waste, steamed broccoli and a slice of homemade bread. A glass of Viognier.


Dessert: Pumpkin Pie with Real Whip Cream (Heavy Cream and sugar).
I made this last night on a whim, it was ready at about midnight. I used canned pumpkin that we have had here for about a year. The only ingredient in it was Organic Pumpkin Puree. While I this is a tasty pie, I don't think the recipe is worth posting. It was on the back of the can, and is your basic pumpkin pie recipe (Pumpkin, Milk, Cream, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Brown Sugar) The Pie Shell was in our freezer, probably since last Thanksgiving. It was in a ziploc bage with no packaging, so I don't have any ingredients, but it was store bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment