Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Round Two - Day Six

Breakfast: Granola with milk and coffee

Lunch: Fruit Salad: Apples, Bananas, Cantaloupe. Quinoa with chicken, tomato, avocado and olive oil.

Snacks: Granola with milk. 

Dinner: A vegetarian feast. I was trying to use up vegetables in my refrigerator before they went bad. Our Farm Share has historically given us way more radishes than I have known how to handle. When a box of vegetables arrives every two weeks it gets a little overwhelming. In the past I would tell myself that I would find a way to use everything, but too often I would claim to be too tired to think about it and make a pizza instead. Now that I don't have that luxury, I am actually getting through all of the vegetables in my box. The radishes and the turnips were the main things left today, because these are vegetables that intimidate me. I don't know what to do them. But I am really pleased with these results. Lemony Radish Salad, Turnip and Lentil Pie, Boiled Turnip Greens and Simple Bread with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment