Sunday, November 8, 2009

Round Two - Day Four

I'm finally starting to feel like I've caught up and am getting back into the groove with this. Actually making the food hasn't been that overwhelming, but writing about it has been weighing on me quite a bit more than it did before. But I went back through and looked at older posts, and I think I am starting to get a sense back of what I'm trying to do. Hopefully it will start to fall into place now.


Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana and cinnamon. Coffee.

Snacks: Toasted Simple Wheat Bread with butter. (This is the second loaf I have made from this round of dough. This time I made it more sandwich bread shaped in a loaf pan. It makes for cute little slices. I am so pleased with how easy and delicious this bread is once you get the yeast to work.) Cantaloupe, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds - I made some more of these when I made the Pumpkin Stew in a Pot. I used the kombucha seeds which are much thicker than pumpkin seeds. They require both a longer boil and a much longer time in the oven, otherwise they are very chewy.
One Honeycrisp Apple.

Lunch: Pumpkin Stew in a Pot - This will make the third and fourth adult servings of this dish, in addition to the three times Baby J has eaten it. There are at least two baby-sized servings left, so I again have to wonder who is the 15-month they are referring to in this recipe. I also had another piece of Simple Wheat Bread with Butter and a Beet Salad.

Dinner: Left over Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes (Potato, Organic Raw Milk, Organic Raw Butter, Salt, Pepper) and Turkey Gravy from Trader Joe's. Ingredients: Filtered Water, Organic Rice Flour, Organic Turkey Base (Organic Turkey Meat and Natural Juices, Salt, Organic Whey [Milk], Organic Chicken Fat, Organic Chicken Flavor, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Dried Onion, Organic Caramael Color, Organic Spice Extractive), Rice Starch, Organic Guar Gum, Organic Black Pepper. This as been laying around our pantry for quite awhile. I think it was purchased as a reaction to a Thanksgiving experience when we didn't have any gravy, a sort of "God as my witness we will never go gravy-less again!" But I guess this won't be an option this Thanksgiving. Salad: Tatsoi, Chard, Kale, Avocado, Tomato, Green Onion and the Balsamic Dressing that DR made a few days ago.

Now I think I am going to have a slice of the pumpkin pie I made on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment