Monday, October 12, 2009

Day Twelve

I finished off the homemade yogurt already! We only made about a quart and I had to split it with EM, so it wasn't all that much. Baby J had some for his breakfast this morning, and the report from his dad is that he liked it very much, gobbled it up with some banana. And he still appeared healthy as he went to bed tonight, twelve hours later, so that's a good sign. I had the last of it for breakfast with the homemade granola. I think I will attempt to make another batch, even though I don't have a double boiler. I'll let you know how it goes.

For Lunch I had the rest of the Tuna Pasta Salad from yesterday.

Snacks: Part of a banana that I was feeding to Baby J, two bites of a the last chocolate chip cookie from the Great Dane Bakery. DR ate the rest of it. (But we still have four of those blasted cookies from the grocery store bakery!) One slice of Irish Brown Bread with Butter.

Dinner: A cup of leftover Chili from last night and a bowl of Tabouleh (I will post the recipe).

Dessert: I broke down and ate one of the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches, so here's the long list, Ingredients: Skim Milk, Wafer (Bleached Wheat Flour, Sugar, Caramel Color, Dextrose, Palm Oil, Corn Flour, Cocoa, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Modified Corn Starch, Baking Soda, Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Soy Lecithin), Sugar, Corn Syrup, Polydextrous, Cream, Whey Protein, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), Stabilizer (Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Mono and Diglycerides, Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Sulfate, Polysorbate 80, Carrageenan) Natural Flavor, Vitamin A Palminate. I think this is the worst ingredient list I've come across yet. I can't believe it's the first time High Fructose Corn Syrup has come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment