Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day Six

Breakfast: Granola Cereal with Rice Milk, Cantaloupe and Coffee.
Lunch: Left over Rice Salad from last night.

Snacks: Cinnamon Raisin Bread that I made. (There is a bit of a story with this. I will relay it when I post the recipe.)
Trader Joe's Middle Eastern Flat Bread Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Asorbic Acid [Vitamin C as Dough Conditioner], Reduced Iron Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid) Water, Soybean Oil, Yeast, Powdered Milk, Salt, Sugar, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch and Monocalcium Phosphate), Enzymes with Organic Sugar-Free Apple Butter that my friend's J&K gave us as a gift.
Two strawberries

Dinner: Green beans sautéed in olive oil with tomatoes, Hot Links Sausage, green bell peppers, onions and Salsa. A glass of the Synergy wine I opened last night.

Dessert: Bananas & Strawberries with Rum-Raisin Mascarpone on a cookie.
I made the Rum-Raisin Mascarpone for a dinner party last week to go with a rice pudding. It is raisins, sugar, rum, lemon juice, mascarpone cheese (I don't have the packaging for this anymore, but I looked up a recipe on line: heavy cream, tartaric acid, confectioner's sugar) heavy cream.

Notes:
Cantaloupe: Trader Joes
Coffee: Seattle Mountain Coffee from Costco
Green Beans: Tierra Miguel Farm Share
Olive Oil: Costco
Tomatoes: Tierra Miguel Farm Share
Green Bell Peppers: Highland Park Farmer's Market
Onion: Highland Park Farmer's Market

DR used up the last of our Strawberry jam today. It feels at times like we are running through supplies at a rapid clip and it's going to be all scratch ingredients really soon, and at the same time it feels like we have tons of contraband left in the house. Part of me wants to ration it out so we always have quick and filling food available in a crisis of hunger and laziness, and part of me wishes it were all gone so there were no crutches left. For instance, there are three boxes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese in our pantry. They have been there for many months. I know I am under no obligation to eat them now, but I can't help feeling that they are standing in the way of my purging of all things processed, but by leaving them there I am feel like I am sending the message to anyone who looks in my pantry that I am a mac & cheese eating hypocrite. Maybe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment