Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day Four

Breakfast: Cantaloupe and some of the Granola that I made with Rice Milk that was in the fridge. Ingredients: Filtered Water, Organic Brown Rice (partially milled) Organic Expeller Pressed Safflower Oil and or Sunflower Oil and/or Canola Oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamine D2, Vitamin B12

I made a Bean Soup with a thirteen bean mix from Bob's Red Mill Natural foods. The beans had to soak overnight, which I did Friday night, and started to make this soup on Saturday, but because of things going on in my house and plans to go to the Oktoberfest, I did not finish making the soup until today. We had a small bowl of soup before going to a friend's house for a BBQ.

At our friend's house I invoke the rule of not being a jerk and snubbing hospitality. I tried to stick to the simplest and purest servings. I did have two small pieces of Italian Sausage on a toothpick. (You've found me out, sausage is my achilles heel. I need to learn how to make it so the shame spiral can come to an end). I also had skirt steak and tomato salad with onions and a lettuce salad. An ill-timed bloody nose on the part of a party guest distracted me from taking note of the exact ingredients of the salad, but I know there were croutons. I did not have any chips, ice cream or cake. That must count for something.

At home again I had another bowl of the bean soup and one of the Chocolate Chip Cookies mentioned on Day One. Someone needs to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment