Friday, October 9, 2009

Day Eight

We are now into Week Two! I am happy to report that I am still feeling motivated and not burnt out on the project. In fact, I think it is already getting easier. As I make things for the second or third time I become less dependent on the recipe, and I'm beginning to make connections between how certain things are made, which makes the process easier. I've also made some mistakes that have taught me valuable lessons. I know I haven't ventured into any of the really difficult territory yet. While I think I can make it through the month without making cheese or sausage, I'm not interested in living a life without those luxuries, so I hope to be up to the challenge of making them. We still have a significant supply of contraband food, so that no one is going to starve around here if I get too overwhelmed. But my pantry and fridge are looking different in just a week's time. There are far fewer packages from the store, and far more tupperware containers of food I have made. I have to say, it's a pretty good feeling.

Breakfast: 1 piece of Kirkland All Natural Multi-Grain 100% Whole Grain Bread Toast with Butter.

Elevensies: (This is the hobbit meal eaten around 11am) Half a chicken salad sandwich on the same bread.

Late Lunch: A bowl of bean soup. A few figs.

Dinner: Pumpkin Chowder (I will post the recipe) and Irish Brown Bread (The recipe from last week, I made a fresh loaf)

Later: I had Book Club, and many delicious foods were served. I had some spinach salad with dried cranberries, avocado and those crispy things that go on salads, and I'm not sure what the dressing was. It was really good. Also, a fruit salad of golden raspberries, stawberries and grapes. I also had two homemade cookies. One toffee and one chocolate chip. I'm sure there were some ingredients in there that are out of bounds, but the intention was right. I did not have any of the pasta dish or the bruschetta. I had two glasses of Cabernet.

No comments:

Post a Comment